Friday 22 February 2013

The Redundancy Angel

"I've been touched by the Redundancy Angel," Susannah told me last night. 
"Well there's one I haven't heard of before!" I replied.
"Yes!  Well, it's true, I was getting too complacent at things not working out for me," she added.
"What?!"
"Yes, some people might fight when everything is taken from them, and I haven't.  I think it's here to give me a shake up," she responded.

I have read that we lose our jobs when we have disengaged from them, when we have outgrown them but we are unwilling to move on.  It is a blessing, albeit another blessing in disguise!  Yet it can be so terribly hard to feel that way about it when we first get the news. 

I remember being made redundant many, many years ago: the shame, the embarrassment, the fear for the future, and the quiet knowing that it was the right thing, for both the company and myself.  It proved to be a turning point.  I retrained and moved into a completely different field.

Life is infinitely gracious.  The more I walk my path with honesty and integrity, the more I see that grace, especially in the face of so-called disasters.  We are held in great love and behind every event that scares us, that troubles us, that intimidates us is the guiding hand of love.  Over lifetimes it rebalances our experiences with infinite kindness and compassion, bringing us to the point where we finally are ready to blossom into love.  To remember who we truly are and always have been, love.  Divine love.

No comments:

Post a Comment