Friday 15 February 2013

Be peace, be love


As I wobbled my way through two upsetting events in the space of 24 hours, I finally got it...

I cannot be at peace in times of challenge if I can't be at peace in times of peace.  That's why it's worthwhile becoming present... aware of my breathing... connected to my heart, to love, in everyday moments.  

That's why it's important to become self aware in the day to day of mundane life; so that I can remain centred, peaceful and loving, when challenges arise, because that's exactly the opposite of what I want to do when faced with a challenge. 

Challenges are a bit like a spiritual end of term show: they are opportunities for us to show how we have developed and grown, spiritually if not more than personally. Challenges, true challenges, can seem to overwhelm us, and our immediate reaction is to close down or lash out.  It's tough to remain centred.

It's very clear to me now.  Life on the spiritual path is about our energy, it is about consciously holding our Divine spark (peace and love) no matter what. 

It's not about the car or the house, it's about retaining our connection to who we really are, our Divine Essence.

No comments:

Post a Comment