Tuesday 13 November 2012

The chicken pox journals - day 4

Well, days 1-3 have passed.  We are into Day 4.  And that can only be a good thing.  It's quite difficult to see my beloved son covered in spots with blisters on top, not to mention the itchiness.  He's sleeping with his hands in socks to prevent him scratching himself. 

Yesterday he started to tell me when it was tidy-up time. When he got bored of an activity - normally 5-7 minutes - he'd say 'didyupdide'... or 'tidy up time' to you and me - and proceed to put everything way.  It amazes me how well he does it, putting buttons into their container and closing the lid, and returning books to the book area yet somehow toys he wants to play with don't get tidied up!

Yesterday he ignored the spots.  This morning he saw his face in the mirror.  'Jayes dicker', was his deduction: he thought he had stickers on his face! 

As if he didn't have enough on his plate (he also has a bit of a cold/chest cough) he decided to experiment with limping yesterday!  He walked around keeping his knee straight and limping up and down the room.  I couldn't keep a straight face.

Joyously, we are both still sane after three days indoors.  I think we will go into the garden today and catch falling leaves.  That should pass another 5-7 minute slice of time!

All in all, he's being incredibly good.  He is in great form and doesn't cry much about the discomfort or frustration of feeling itchy.  Honestly: it's not just because I'm biased I think he's so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment