Tuesday 3 April 2012

Life is like...

A piece of embroidery.  Well, according to Andrew's granny it is.  She said that during our lifetime all we see is the back of the embroidery; the knots, the gaps, the running threads...   It looks a mess and makes little sense.

When we die, God flips over the embroidery to reveal the design.  Suddenly, it all makes sense.  The beauty of the design shines through, the messy bits disappear.  Life makes sense, confusion and fear fall away and the beauty that was staring us in the face becomes apparent.

It's telling that Andrew told me about his grandmother's analogy yesterday.  Earlier in the day I had done an angel card reading, asking for clarity and inspiration for the future.  I still wonder about the future and my role in that... the answer was: Trust.

 If I can just stop over-analysing everything, I might see that everything is pefect, just as it should be.  There's nothing to worry about, I'm in the right place, doing the right thing.  It said that if we can trust life, we develop mastery in life, letting go of disappointments, stepping forward into opportunities. I like the simplicity of that idea.

My embroidery is progressing as it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment